Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Burnside Skate Park


 Burnside Skate Park is one of the most popular skate parks in the country.  Not county, COUNTRY!  This place is legit.  Skaters come from all over to shred cement.  I took it upon myself to cruise to the underworld of the Burnside Bridge to check it out.  I posted up on the top side of the park and began shooting as a few skaters worked it out.  After shooting from the bird's eye view I decided to venture down to ground level.  This proved to get real interesting...

Bird's eye view



Might as well ride UP the pillar




No shirt? It's cool!


Sacred Ground
Skater rippin' a heel slide
 After having a great time and getting some good shots I was just about to finish my time at Burnside when things got real dicey.  The skater in the above picture approached me and said, "hey bro, you wanna make a donation for concrete?"  I was totally thrown off and not quite sure what was going on.  I responded, "no man, I'm good."  He said, "why don't you run up to the market and get us some beer then."  Again I responded, "nah, I'm just about to take off."  The skater says," yeah you better, cause your kinda like a soul thief right now.  You wanna be a soul thief?"  I'm lookin' at this guy like, what is happening right now?!  I replied, "I'm not trying to be a soul thief.  I'll just pack up and take off."  Finally he says, "yeah you better do that."  The whole time I'm thinking, I have got over $1000 in camera gear and am way out of my element right now.  I hope I can get outta here in one piece!!  Luckily things were fine upon my exit and I got out of there with some great pictures and an even better story!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy scary! Could have got in real deep there!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete